My 10 Favorite Pandora Stations For A Dinner Party or Brunch
You know how you can be watching an ep of the Barefoot Contessa and she's showing you how to make Lamb shanks? And then after 178 steps she'll go "how easy is that?" And you're just sitting there crying in a puddle on the kitchen floor with a bloody package of lamb shanks in your lap thinking "that is not easy at ALLLLL." Yeah, well that's normally how preparing for dinner parties/brunches at my place feel like. As someone who generally uses our oven as an extra storage space, I need all the help I can get when it comes to entertaining. Since you will never ever ever find any good recipes on this here blog, I thought I'd just share my favorite Pandora stations with your asses so that you don't have to deal with crap like making a playlist on top of your braised lamb shanks ever again.
Here are the Pandora genre stations you need to add to your profiles immediately (sorry I can't link, but Pandora is stupid like that).
- Frank Sinatra - Duh, I mean always a classic. At least for when your guests are arriving.
- Hipster Cocktail Party - I thought this station would annoy the shit out of me based on the name alone, but I don't know: it's kinda mondo, cha cha cool.
- Hotel Costes - This is one of my faves. It's mellow, but also kinda cool without being trance-y or techno-y. Also has some international vibe music mixed in.
- Summer Hits of the 90's - Hello Gen X-ers...meet your fave Pandora station ever.
- Summer Hits of the 2000s - Remember Y2k? If you don't love the aughts, there is probably something wrong with you.
- Classic Soul BBQ Radio - I know, I know: soul BBQ sounds like a ridiculous cliche, but with Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder and Aretha it really works. Swearsies.
- Yacht Rock - Yes, I want to punch the name of this station in the dick, but I can't cause I also want to marry it. They play Hall & Oates, the Doobie Brothers, and Toto, so yeah: #heaven
- Dinner Soul - Al Green, the Four Tops and the Temptations tear it up on this one. This is a good one if mom and dad are coming over for dinner.
- Dinner Jazz - This is a good general jazz station, that features some of the greats. this is a good one if grandma and grandpa are coming over for dinner.
- Class of 93' Hip Hop - Yes, I'm old. And yes: I'm a white Jewish girl who loves hip hop. If you're not vomiting in your mouth over the annoying cliche of it all, Snoop Dogg, Tribe Called Quest, and MC Lyte are waiting for you RIGHT THERE, RIGHT NOW.
But wait...there's way more where that came from! I rounded up all of my fave Spotify playlists that are also perfect for dinner parties brunches or bridal/baby showers, [and some of these are even better than the Pandora stations!].